vSphere HA displayed a warning message as shown below in the screenshot; the error is because only 1 datastore is provisioned to the hosts in the cluster and there is no redundancy in shared storage to allow for datastore heartbeating. To resolve this issue, the best practice is to provision additional datastore to the cluster.
This is my test environment and I don’t have additional storage available so to disable the HA error message follow the steps below:
- Log in to vCenter Server.
- Right-click the cluster and click Edit Settings.
- Click vSphere HA > Advanced Options.
- Under Option, add an entry for das.ignoreInsufficientHbDatastore.
- Under Value, type true.
- Reconfigure vSphere HA by selecting the host and select “Reconfigure for vSphere HA” option from Actions.